Utah Conceal Carry Permit Course
This course costs $100 and takes 4 hours minimum to complete.
This class focuses on firearm safety, ways to store a firearm, the concealed carry laws, use of deadly force and more. You do not have to fire a firearm or qualify with a firearm to obtain the Utah permit. Do not bring a firearm or ammunition to class. We will supply you with all required materials to complete the Utah course.
Utah Non-Resident Concealed Firearm Permits may be obtained by any legal resident of the United States. This is the most valuable and popular Multi-State CCW Permit available, based on recognition from other States and total cost. Your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit is valid in over 30 States!
For a list of states that honor the Utah Conceal Carry Permit license click here — or click on Utah on the map below for a visual representation:
Click here to download the Utah Conceal Carry Permit application.
What the course covers:
- General firearm safety and familiarity
- Fundamentals of shooting, safe pistol handling, maintenance and storage of firearms and ammunition
- Use of Force Laws and Concealed Carry Laws
- Federal Firearms Regulations
- Transportation of firearms
- Permit application process, criteria for issuance, denial, suspension, revocation, etc.
There is a no range requirement for the Utah Conceal Carry Permit Course.
Once the course has completed, you will need to do the following:
- Fill out your CCW application.
- Application must be signed by the course instructor.
- Obtain a copy of your current Illinois drivers license or state id (front and back).
- Obtain a copy of the Utah Conceal Carry Permit certificate of completion. Note that the copy will not be returned.
- You must supply your fingerprints using the two fingerprint cards as provided with the Utah application packet.
- Obtain a passport-sized and compliant photo.
- Mail your application, including all necessary information, to the address that appears on this document.