Introduction to Firearms
This class is limited to eight attendees and costs $40.00 and is geared toward students who are considering considering buying a firearm but don’t know where to start.
This two-hour class is designed to educate students who are new to firearms on various aspects of gun ownership that they will want to know or need to know in order to get the most out of their investment.
This is a purely practical course and focuses on handguns for the purposes of personal protection.
This course will cover the following:
- Calibur and bullet types, problems with ammunition, types and brands of ammunition (range ammo, parabellum, Winchester, Barnes, Nosler, etc), methods and strategies for lowering the cost of ammunition
- Handguns — what to look for when it comes to buying a handgun for personal protection, conceal carry firearms, cost to maintain, magazine size, risk factors when buying a firearm, we’ll show you two handguns that look the same but when viewed from a different angle are very different
- Accessories such as holsters, night sights, and laser sights, gun safes
- Learning to effectively shoot — how much does it cost, what ranges are in the area, how often do I need to shoot, when is a good time to go to the range, how to get the most out of your time at the range
- Training, why you must train, how much you must train, and how often. We’ll also discuss training at the range juxtaposed with training at home and cover methods and strategies for lowering the cost of training
What you earn:
Upon completion of this course you will receive an IDC Introduction to Firearms certificate suitable for framing.
This class is only available for registration online and there are no refunds once the course has been purchased. Students are required to give 72 hours advance notice when rescheduling a course in order to avoid incurring additional costs. Classes may be rescheduled up to 3 times or 90 days.