Arizona Conceal Carry Permit Course
We currently offer Arizona CCW training and permit applications. This course is the NRA Basic Pistol Course that is recognized by Arizona and Florida to obtain your permit. The NRA Basic Pistol Course is a comprehensive course that involves eight hours of class room instruction and a minimum shooting requirement of fifty rounds on the firing range. You may bring your own firearm if you wish. No live ammunition or firearms are allowed in the classroom. If you do not have your own firearm, we can provide one for you or you may rent one of your choosing at the gun range.
This course costs $130 and takes one business day to complete. Note that group discounts are available so feel free to contact us for information about group rates.
For a list of states that honor the Arizona CCW license click here — or click on Arizona on the map below for a visual representation:
Click here to download the Arizona CCW application.
What the course covers:
- General firearm safety
- Pistol mechanisms and operations
- Developing pistol shooting skills
- Pistol maintenance
- Pistol selection
- Pistol use
There is a minimum requirement of 50 rounds fired for this certification. This requirement must be done with the instructor in order to receive the certificate.
You can provide the firearm, eye, and ear protection yourself or you may choose to rent these items (inquire with us for options). You must also provide your own factory-made ammunition (ie. reloads are not allowed).
If you do not have a valid FOID card then you can still attend this section of the course as our guest.
Once the course has completed, you will need to do the following:
- Fill out your CCW application.
- Application must be signed by the course instructor.
- Obtain a copy of your current Illinois drivers license or state id (front and back).
- Obtain a copy of the NRA basic pistol course certificate of completion. Note that the copy will not be returned.
- You must supply your fingerprints using the two fingerprint cards as provided with the Arizona application packet.
- Obtain a passport-sized and compliant photo.
- Mail your application, including all necessary information, to the address that appears on this document.